Thank you for choosing Gold Medal Property Management as your rental company and welcome to our Current Tenant page. This page lists information useful for tenants who are currently in an active lease with Gold Medal Property Management. Here is a quick listing of information that tenants often overlook. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office via phone, email or thorough your tenant portal.
We strongly recommend that you read your copy of your lease agreement prior to vacating. Additional copies of your lease are available on your tenant portal.
Notice To Vacate
The tenant must provide Gold Medal Property Management with a written notice of surrender of the leased premises no less than 30 days prior to the expiration date of the lease. This written notice of surrender is a form that you must fill out in person in our office. You may choose the day to end the lease, provided it is not earlier than the lease term. Failure to give the minimum 30 days written notice will make the tenant responsible for the payment in full of the following month’s rent under the terms of the lease. The vacate date is the date that the tenant has surrendered the keys to our office. Keys must be brought into our office and handed over to our staff.
Military Clause: A 30 day written notice is required and an official copy of military orders must accompany the tenant notice to vacate. We verify all PCS, ETS and Deployment orders for authenticity.
Any refund of the security deposit will be mailed to the tenant forwarding address within 30 days of vacating if all terms, covenants, and conditions of the lease agreement are complied with. It is the tenant’s responsibility to provide our office with a forwarding address.
Payment Of Rent
All payments must be made through the online tenant portal using your bank account information. You will need your bank account and routing number. Alternatively you may pay by money order at our office (or drop off your money order in our after-hours payment drop box).
Rent is due on the 1st of every month and is late after the 3rd. Late fees are added to your account after the 3rd. We strongly recommend using the tenant portal for all payments. Please note that it may take up to 3-5 business days for any payment to be withdrawn from your bank account.
If it becomes necessary to file for eviction, the tenant must pay all court fees plus a $50.00 fee to Gold Medal Property Management for court appearances. Additionally, should it become necessary for Gold Medal Property Management to enforce a “writ of possession”, the tenant will be responsible for payment of writ of possession costs in the amount not less than $300.00.
Gold Medal Property management does permit pets on certain properties if the property’s owner has approved of pets in their rental home. Approved pets include dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, reptiles, birds and fish.
The non-refundable pet fee per animal is $200 each for up to 25 lbs and $300 each for over 25 lbs. German Shepherds, Grade Danes and Mastiffs require property owner approval and proof of adequate insurance.
Certain aggressive breeds of dogs are prohibited at all times, including Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios, Chows Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Wolf-hybrids, Cane Corsos, Alaskan Malamutes, and Siberian Huskies. Please contact our office for a complete list of banned dog breeds.
The non-refundable pet fee for fish/reptiles/gerbils/hamsters/etc. under 15 gallons is $200 per tank. For 15-30 gallons the non-refundable pet fee is $300 per tank. For tanks over 30 gallons the non-refundable pet fee is $500 per tank. Tanks exceeding 50 gallons require property owner approval & proof of adequate insurance.
Pet Violation Fees
Prior to introducing a pet to your rental home, you must contact the Gold Medal Property Management office and inform us of the proposed pet and pay the pet fee. The pet violation fee is $100 for the first day and $10 each day thereafter until the pet is removed and this has been verified by a member of the Gold Medal Property Management Staff.
We strongly advise tenants to obtain renter’s insurance. You may choose any provider you wish for your renter’s insurance. Renter’s insurance protects your belongings in the event of a theft or fire. It also provides you some protection if you should accidentally damage a property you are renting (such as leaving the water running).
Repairs and Maintenance Requests
If something in your unit needs repair or maintenance, simply log into your tenant portal and create a work order. Please describe in detail the issue and our maintenance staff will begin the necessary paperwork to have the issue reviewed and resolved. Entering in the issue will generate a Work Order that will automatically be set to our maintenance department for processing. Alternatively you can call our work order phone line and describe the issue to a member of our staff.
Please keep in mind that Gold Medal Property Management does not own the property you are renting. We are required to check with the owner on your behalf to get the repair approved prior to the work being done. Your Tenant portal will provide you with status information about your repair throughout this process.
Emergency and After-Hour Issues
An emergency repair constitutes any damage or needed repair that poses an immediate threat to tenant health/safety or property condition. For example:
- Break-in/Unsecured Property
Tenants may still be responsible for charges incurred for emergency repairs per the tenant lease.
Lockouts: If you accidentally lock yourself out of your Gold Medal rental property, you may stop by our office during regular business hours and present your government-issued photo ID and pay a fee of $5.00 per key to receive another key. If you are locked out after normal business hours you may call our after-hours helpline and IF a technician is available we will bring you a spare key for a $35 charge. You will need to present your government-issued ID card for identification purposes prior to receiving your spare key. Alternatively you can call a locksmith.
A lease renewal will be delivered to the tenant by Gold Medal Property Management approximately 30-45 days prior to the expiration date of the lease.
There are several different types of walk throughs of a Gold Medal Property.
When you first move in, you will participate in a joint Move-In walk through with a member of the Gold Medal Property Management team. During this inspection you will together document any issues with the property and you will not be held responsible for those issues at move out.
During the course of your lease Gold Medal Property Management will conduct safety walk throughs approximately every 6 months. These walk throughs are announced in advance and you have the choice to be present or not. Any problems found with the unit will be documented and appropriate work orders will be generated.
At move out a final move-out walk through will be conducted. You must contact Gold Medal Property Management at least 10 working days prior to the appointment date to schedule an appointment. A charge of $25.00 will be deducted from the security deposit if the tenant fails schedule the walk through appointment. A charge of $25 will be deducted from the security deposit if the scheduled appointment has to be rescheduled. If damages to the rental property exceed the security deposit, the tenant will be charged accordingly.
Use and Care of Lawn and Yard
For single-family homes and duplexes, the tenant is responsible for the care, maintenance and watering of lawns and shrubbery. Yards are to be free of trash, mowed, edged and trimmed on a regular basis, to maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, and cannot be left unattended to the point of violation of any city ordinance. The tenant will be responsible for any fine for yard violations issues to the landlord. Watering of the yards, trees and shrubbery will be the responsibility of the tenant and required to the extent that yards, trees and shrubbery maintain a live green status at all times. Additional extensive watering is required of the tenant in times of minimal rainfall and conditions of extreme heat and drought. Tenant is responsible for the use, care and maintenance of existing in-ground sprinkler systems.
All pet waste must be properly disposed of on an ongoing basis.
For fourplex units, the tenant is responsible to keep the area free from trash and keep the garbage cans neatly stowed in the correct location. All lawn care is provided for by the landlord. Also, all pet waste must be properly disposed of on an ongoing basis every day.
Fixtures, Additions and Improvements
No changes can be made to your rental unit without the prior approval of the Gold Medal Property Management Company. If changes are approved, all additions, fixtures or improvements made by the tenant except movable household furniture, shall become the property of the owner and remain at the termination of this lease. Tenant shall not allow trampolines, swing sets, pools, satellite dishes, antennas or any other devices to be installed on the leased property without written permission from the landlord. Satellite Dishes or any other similar items must be on a pole in the yard and not mounted on the roof, fence or any other improvements of the property. Permission requests of these items should be made in writing through the property management office. Satellite dishes and poles must be removed before vacating. Additionally, permission for above ground pools must be accompanied with an additional deposit of $500.00 for yard restoration and proof of renters insurance that specifically covers pools.
Maintenance of Rental Property
After you move into your unit, the tenant shall be responsible for repair or maintenance functions throughout the term of the lease to include, but are not limited to:
- Changing of air condition/furnace filters on a monthly basis. Filters are provided for each unit free of charge at our office.
- Resetting of circuit breakers or fuses.
- Damage resulting from failure to promptly report any malfunctions or abnormal operations of equipment within the rented property and vandalism.
- Damage resulting from forceful entry, burglary, and vandalism.
- Changing of electric light bulbs.
- Tightening of screws, nuts and bolts on hardware not requiring specialized training.
- Excessively high water or utility bills resulting from failure to report obvious leaks.
- Freezing pipes (below 32 degrees). The tenant is responsible for maintaining heat in home, water dripping, and open cabinet doors.
- All screen repair, or replacement and repair, or replacement of all broken glass.
- Payment of any service call fee/trip charge bill due to tenant where no problem was found or corrected.
- Lighting of any and all pilot lights on gas fixtures.
- Ensuring proper operation of smoke alarm(s) and replacement battery if needed. Batteries are available free of charge at our office every 6 months.
- Failure to report suspected termite and/or other insect infestation or damage to the property.
- Any service call fees due to having to reschedule the service visit due to the tenant’s failure to allow access to the unit.
Unit must be cleaned as follows: (All work must be completed prior to final walk-thru inspection and all paid receipts for carpet cleaning and pest control must be given to the technician performing the final walk-thru inspection). Here is a handy step-by-step checklist to help you gain the maximum amount of return from your security deposit:
- Carpets must be PROFESSIONALLY cleaned to include stain removal/pet treatment (if applicable) Approved vendors are: Al’s Sparkling Clean Carpets – 254-200-2552, Certified Carpet – 254-542-1221 or R3 FloorCare 254-433-4657.
- The property must be PROFESSIONALLY sprayed upon vacating to include flea treatment (if applicable). Approved vendors are: Killeen Pest Control – 254.634.2646, Mantis Pest Control – 254.628.2847, or Trust N Us Services – 254-432-6464.
- Trust ‘n’ Us Services can assist with any cleaning, carpets, pest control, and lawn care of the unit. Call them to find out what packages are available at 254-432-6464. They also offer maintenance & repair services to assist with any repairs or parts that you might need in order to get ready for your Move Out Walk-Thru. We have arranged a discount with them for Gold Medal tenants but you must mention when you initially call that you are a Gold Medal Tenant.
- The entire unit, to include cabinets, drawers, closets, crawlspaces, etc. are to be cleared of all belongings, trash, shelf/contact paper and cleaned, inside and out.
- Ceilings, walls and baseboards: cleaned and spot free.
- All nails and/or screws are to be removed from walls and doors and then filled to restore them to their original condition.
- Door-stops replaced if missing and/or broken.
- Refrigerators are to be defrosted, cleaned thoroughly, and completely dry. Leave refrigerator plugged in but ensure that the unit is turned to the off position. Leave the doors OPEN. The seals, exterior, walls around and the floor underneath the refrigerator will also need to be cleaned.
- Dishwashers are to be cleaned thoroughly and completely dry. Leave the door OPEN. The seals, exterior, and walls around and the floor in front will also need to be cleaned.
- Stove – pull it out and clean the top, sides, back, wall behind, sides of any cabinets, and the inside. Use only oven cleaning approved products and NO abrasives.
- Stove drip-pans are to be replaced.
- Vent-a-hood, exhaust fan and filter need to be cleaned and grease free. Filter needs to be replaced if it will not come clean.
- Ceiling fans and all light fixtures – clean, dust/bug free, and have appropriate and operational light bulbs.
- Bathrooms – tub, shower, sinks, toilets and floors – cleaned, stain/soap scum free, and dried.
- Heat/AC units and vents – Clean all vents throughout unit, clean AC closet and install a new filter in the furnace.
- Non-carpeted floors – remove all marks and clean thoroughly.
- Garages and driveways – cleaned, swept and all paint, grease or oil marks removed.
- Lawn – Needs to be freshly mowed and trimmed around the house or duplex to include all flowerbeds, sidewalks and driveways. Entire yard needs to be free of trash and animal waste.
- Windows will be cleaned inside and out, to include the window tracks. Window screens will be in original condition or must be repaired or replaced.
- Mini-blinds – cleaned, dust free, wand present and fully operational without any bent or broken slats.
- Smoke Detectors – dust free and batteries replaced.
An additional $50 Maintenance Coordination Fee will be assessed for the coordination of work due to the failure to comply with the Move Out Cleaning Policy. Also, the tenant is responsible to keep all utilities on for 5 business days after the move-out date. Failure to do so incurs a $75 fee per utility.